- Stickers--Large and Small
- Playdoh sculpting
- Scissor Cutting-- Just hand them a piece of paper and let them cut it up. I usually save the scraps for a glue project, which is also good for those fingers.
- Beading Cheerios--For a snack, give them cheerios in a bowl, let them string them up and then eat them.
- Anything with clothespins. Even if they are just opening and closing them.
- Play with tongs--Large or small. Or small tweezers.
- Knob Puzzles
- Legos and other manipulatives
Some of these are known, but I feel that a lot of parents forget they need to work these muscles so that they can properly hold a pencil and write as they get older.
A 3 year old.
My 2 year old.