Parents, really quickly! If you are wanting to teach your kids about nature, go on a nature walk before lunch or dinner, and gather some decorations for a center piece. Come in, let the kids out then in a vase, and enjoy! The kids love it! They're always trying to bring sticks in the house anyway. Here's what my daycare kids made today. : )
Monday, February 24, 2014
Friday, November 22, 2013
1. Today, I am back! I took an almost year long hiatus from my only a couple month old blog. It has been a rough year personally for me and I just could not dedicate myself the way I needed too. My ideas have been whirling in my head for the longest regarding my TPT Store. I finally just started working on a simple project that will be done this weekend. I'm ready to jump back in.
2. Today, I finally realized what I am worth and am not going to take any more people using and abusing me for childcare. Less stress, better life!
3. I did NOT play candy crush today!
4. I took advantage of randomly awesome flash freebies from Zip-a-dee-doo-dah Designs. Glad I happened to be strolling through my Facebook feed to see it! : )
5. The kids decided to make the stairway into the playroom a car, and we spent literally a half an hour "driving." Where I witnessed 3 year olds putting their seat belts on so they could be safe, taking turns on who was driving, looking out the "windows" to see things, and of course stopping to go to work and the store. Imagination play is the best kind to see what kids really learn by observing you. And I am glad I am one of those teachers that let's their imagination fly.
Friday, January 25, 2013
So, I think I am doing a not so hot job on blogging. I have tons of blogs planned, pictures to go with some. Just getting them up here, is not working. Lol. Let's face it, life gets in the way. So I am taking a hiatus. When I return I will have weekly entries that will have a theme (yes, I have already started working on these.) But when I started this blog, I just kind of dove in, and really did not know how much work it really is. : ) I'll give you some updates on my schedule. My family childcare is in the Georgia's Quality Rated Program and I am getting ready to be rated soon. I am very nervous about this as it determines the QUALITY of the care I am giving! I have been working on my portfolio and making sure my rooms have all equipment needed to get a good score. This has taken my evenings away from me. TPT is so awesome. I am behind on uploading my new products and need to catch up on these so I can finally have my built store and continue all the traffic that I do get. I lately have been gathering some resources for myself, and doing lesson plans for my own daycare, that I have not been as active with new products as I should. My family has decided to go on a debt eraser binge! Lol. In talking with our landlord and figuring out they have no intentions of selling us this house (as we thought when we moved in) that we really need to crunch and get our credit and down payment down so we can move to our own house hopefully within the next 2 years. So I have taken on a second job, luckily working out of my home still and after daycare hours. I start in a couple weeks, so these next 2 weeks, I will be getting my home office together in my bedroom. Not to mention spring baseball starts soon. My daughter wants to get back in tumbling. And I still have to run Girl Scouts. No time for blogging. I think once I get on a regular schedule and can continue planning blog entries, I will get back in. Hopefully this only takes me a month. I will still be reading everyone's as I do that in my emails and on my Kindle. : ) Happy blogging everyone! If you have some tips on how you plan your blog entries, please let me know!
Friday, January 4, 2013
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012
I linked up for this fun tidbit of all I want for Christmas.
What would be the perfect gift from. . .
1. Students...not that I need anything from them, but gift cards are always helpful for supplies!
2. Kiddies...the BEST handmade artwork they can do, because we all know they have already started making it, and decorating the envelope to put it in, and the wrapping paper they wrapped it in, and the gift bag they put the entire thing in. It's all decorated. It's all for me!
3. Husband....jewelry....a maid....a vacation for 2....every Sims game that I am missing....money....the honey do list completed...and that should complete the list. But we already got each other new phones for Christmas. Sigh.
4. Parents/Siblings....I'm good. Just send stuff for the kiddies.
5. BFF....A visit from her would be the awesome dawsome! Haven't seen her since the spring.
6. Santa....see the list above at husbands.
I have reached a TPT milestone! 100 store followers! Yay. I'm excited. I would love for some fellow teachers to help me out with a giveaway. If you would like to add any of your items for the giveaway or a TPT gift certificate, please go to this link to join in. I am going to offer a $10 TPT gift certificate, and some items from my store. If you have any fellow bloggers that like to help out in giveaways, please spread the word. You may use the picture below to spread the word. Right now it is linked for teachers to join in. As soon as I have what everyone is offering I will post a raffle copter for the entries.
Thanks ahead of time for any that supply me with anything!
Heart border made by Graphics From the Pond.