Monday, September 24, 2012

Snafu of the Week


 I'm a day late, but after a weekend of leader training camp for scouts, I was exhausted yesterday!  My snafu last week came when I was putting up a new tree decoration for fall.  I had the kids paint red, orange, and yellow on pieces of paper and then cut leave shapes out of them.  Fun to do with 2 and 3 year olds.  My 10 month old also managed to get paint on the paper, so he has a little leaf as well.  I decided to have this tree be our season tree.  We will change it for the weather, all year long, and we will change the decorations on it too.  Anyway, so as you can see in the picture below, the tree is not that pleasing to the eye.  I didn't realize I was out of green paper, so our bushel looks too small for the trunk.  Once I get more paper, I will make it better.   
 
We added some leaves.  I think I will add a sun at the top of the window, and grass with leave piles on the bottom.  Maybe have the kids make clouds with cotton balls too.  The tree looks pretty funny, but the kids love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment